Sunday, April 20, 2014

Being a Physician

As I said in my previous post, I did not have a ton of physician contact in my position at the front desk.  However, I still saw physicians every time I volunteered and though I may not have had direct contact with them I was able to learn a lot about what it is to be a physician.  The first thing I learned about physicians is how they are almost always thinking about their patients and what they can do to help them. Often times physicians would come out to the main lobby and would be on their phones talking with other doctors trying to collaborate and figure out the best solution for their patients.  That ties right in with another thing that I picked up on and that is that physicians are almost always in collaboration with each other. I would often hear them asking each other what they think would be best and they were figuring out solutions together. I think the overall theme that I picked up from the physicians at the hospital is how much time and effort they put into their patients.  The amount of time and work that the physicians put into their patients amazes me and I have the utmost respect for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment