Sunday, April 20, 2014

UMMC Fairview Front Desk

Hello, my name is Jonah Poppen and I am a sophomore at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities. This past semester I volunteered at the University of Minnesota Medical Center Fairview, it is the hospital that is on the University of Minnesota campus. It employs physicians of all kinds and serves numerous areas of medicine.  I had the privilege this past semester to volunteer for them.  UMMC serves a vast majority of people and they have almost anything you could need in terms of medical facilities and services.  I volunteered at the front desk on the East bank campus at the main hospital.  My job was to sit with the front desk worker and assist him in helping guests and patients find their way throughout the hospital.  I was there to provide information and also to chauffeur people around to where they needed to get to in the hospital.  With the hospital being so big and complex my position was needed for those who hadn't been to the hospital before or wanted someone to show them the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment