Sunday, April 20, 2014

My Growth

Coming into this volunteering opportunity I did not know what to expect and I did not have any experience with long term volunteering.  I had set some general goals for myself in the beginning but I still didn't know exactly what I would get out of this.  One of my big goals was to just get experience in a hospital setting and to find out what it is like to work in a hospital environment.  I think that through my volunteering I am now comfortable with the hospital atmosphere.  I am more confident in my knowledge of healthcare and the hospital and I found out that there is so much more to healthcare then I realized.  Another of my goals was to try and gain confidence and to break out of my shell.  I think that this volunteering really helped me be more comfortable talking with new people and networking myself within the hospital. I met so many great people through volunteering and I know that those relationships will definitely help me in the future. One of my last goals was to hopefully find out what I like in healthcare and what I might want to do as a career going forward.  In terms of finding my dream job, I didn't even come close. But what this experience did do for me was open my eyes to the countless different careers that are available in healthcare.  I may not have found my perfect career but I know that there is so many things out there for me to choose from and now I just need to continue to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment