Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Big World of Healthcare

I have always known that healthcare is a big field and that there are a lot of things that go into making a hospital run efficiently, but after being in a hospital and being able to work in one week to week I am amazed at just how much there is in healthcare.  From the transport technicians to the neurosurgeons, there are so many people that are instrumental in making the hospital run smoothly.  Through my volunteering experience I was able to discover some of these jobs that I didn't even know existed but without them the hospital would be a mess. One of theses jobs that I had the opportunity to work closely with were the transport technicians.  I am sure that like me, many people do not even know that this is a job in a hospital.  However these techs are responsible for getting patients from floor to floor and room to room and without them patients would be extremely limited as to where they could go to get treatment in the hospital.  This is just one of the many jobs that make up the huge field of healthcare.  I learned a lot about healthcare through my volunteer experience and I know there is still so much more that I look forward to learning about in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment